Links – January 14, 2013
- Literacy Privilege: How I Learned to Check Mine Instead of Making Fun of People’s Grammar on the Internet
"the idea that there is only one right way of doing English – and everyone else is doing it wrong – is inherently flawed. And by “flawed” I mean illogical, elitist and even oppressive. "
- 10 Ways to Build Authority as an Online Writer
- How to Write with Style: Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Keys to the Power of the Written Word
- Tim Maia, Brazilian Singer, Is in Resurgence – NYTimes.com
- Damien Hirst's new statue is a dangerous monstrosity | Art and design | guardian.co.uk
- The Biology of B-Movie Monsters