- Harlequin Authors Sue Publisher Over Creative Royalty Calculations
"If for some reason, as many publishers claim, it cannot afford to pay authors the true 50% then it will see a quick decline of new authors and a drop off of existing authors. Then, it will fail."
- National Firearms Act – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Confirmed: corporations can buy machine guns without local police approval, fingerprints, or photos.
- Council votes to ban medical marijuana dispensaries – LA Biz Observed
LA city council votes to give the tax money from pot dispensaries back to street dealers and gangsters.
- NRA-ILA | Fully-Automatic Firearms
@ludist Also, mind blown that the NRA is pissed about machine gun restrictions and is fighting to overturn them.
- Untitled (http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/a-grand-deal-yields-a-grand-park/article_dfd5762e-d2b8-11e1-b789-0019bb2963f4.html)
What we’re reading: “A Grand Deal Yields a Grand Park” by @DowntownNews @RVaillancourt #LAGov
- UCR Jobs – Position Details
RT @LAasSubject: RT @KCETArtbound: Whoa! UCR/California Museum of Photography is looking for a new curator!
- Are We Addicted to Gadgets or Indentured to Work? – Alexis Madrigal – The Atlantic