- UH, OH! Facebook Pages Only Reach 17% Of Fans
facebook pages are not yours. they are facebook’s
- 3% To 7.5% Of Fans See Your Facebook Page’s Posts
percentage goes down with number of fans
- Midnight Snack: Mohawk Bend with Michael Rousselet
- Gleick’s masterpiece The Information comes out in paperback today
- Infamous international hacking group LulzSec brought down by own leader
- Govt. agencies, colleges demand applicants’ Facebook passwords
a 66-minute playlist of audiovisual performances in text mode, designed to make you fall asleep.
- Newspapers: It’s not a revenue problem, it’s a culture problem — Tech News and Analysis
The ones making money are willing to take digital risks
- Under-Appreciated 1990 Immigration Law that Changed Koreatown | Laws That Shaped LA | Land of Sunshine | KCET
The passage of Public Law 101-649, better known as the Immigration Act of 1990, led to Los Angeles and Southern California as a whole towards becoming more diverse, more skilled, wealthier and more sprawled.
- Beautiful bookshops? No thanks! | Rick Gekoski | Books | guardian.co.uk
"what is so lovingly created in such settings is not a bookshop, but an idea of a bookshop."
- Television Taboos, 1949 | Retronaut
too much leg!
- Why Digital Texts Need A New Library Of Alexandria — With Physical Books | Techdirt
Save All The Things!
- France Launches Google-style Plan To Scan And Sell Out-of-Print Books
paidContentFrance – strongly opposed to Google books – will now scan and sell books. But only the "indispensable" ones.
- State Investigators, Workers Cite Labor Abuses in Warehouse Empire | FairWarning
It’s almost like there might be a problem with Neoliberalism as a whole…
- Hula-Hoop patented — History.com This Day in History — 3/5/1963
RT @LAhistory: Mar 5, 1963: Founded in a South Pasadena garage, Wham-O patented the hula-hoop. @HistoryChannel:
- Leap Story
For the overnight leap year day event at Disneyland, the Florida-based executives projected around 44k visitors. Instead, it was an all-time attendance record of just over 106,000 people for the day.
- The Empty Stomach: Fasting To Beat Jet Lag—By Steve Hendricks (Harper’s Magazine)
When food is scarce, this master clock suspends the circadian clock and commands the body to sleep much less than normally. Only after the body starts eating again does the master clock switch the circadian clock back on.
- How to Naturally Reset Your Sleep Cycle in One Night | Wise Bread
One starvation cycle is enough to override the traditional light-based circadian clock