- ‘Welcome to the Mutually Incompatible, Silo-Based, Platform-Dependent and U
Publishers are partly to blame for the walled-garden status of the market as well, since they handed Amazon and Apple the stick of digital-rights management, which the two companies are now using to beat them — and they won’t allow their books to be loaned to other users, or even in many cases to public libraries, and they certainly don’t make it easy to get access to them on different platforms.
- Are Cell Phone Jammers The Next Big Thing?
- Edging toward the fully licensed world
- Pullulating Jungles of Wallpaper
- MOCA loses three officials in key finance roles
- Graphicly Opens Publishing Platform To Everyone, Looks Beyond Comics | Tech
- Los Angeles Zoo Botanical Gardens | Atlas Obscura
The L.A. Zoo has a secret garden of rare bootleg cycads, a palm specimen dating back 280 million years
- California beach towns: Who wins, who loses as sea levels rise – latimes.com
Vital organs: who wins, who loses as body dies?
- Start Developing iOS Apps Today: Introduction
- UN crime chief says drug money flowed into banks
| Reuters?The financial system was having a liquidity crisis, but then I got high.?
(The banks were saved by drug money)
- Report: Hackers Seized Control of Computers in NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab
- Give it five minutes – (37signals)
There are two things in this world that take no skill: 1. Spending other people’s money and 2. Dismissing an idea.
- Memory Is Not a Recording Device: How Technology Shaped Our Metaphors for R
- Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill | Mad In America