- Replacing the -9999px hack (new image replacement) – Jeffrey Zeldman Presents The Daily Report
- Architectural sites that define a fifth of LA County
- SFWA removes links to Amazon from website in protest over IDG e-book delist
- TV Is Broken
“No. It’s just a commercial.”
“What’s a commercial?”, she asks.
- Verisign seizes .com domain registered via foreign Registrar on behalf of US Authorities. » blog.easydns.org – Happenings and observations
"Of course, the replacement of ICANN will never happen. At least not by a non-US entity, which means we are once again headed to the unthinkable place that only crackpots and conspiracy theorists think possible: a fractured internet with competing roots. On the bright side, life will go on, and companies like mine will probably become exceedingly wealthy charging every internet user in the world fees to gain and project visibility across all the myriad internet roots that will someday exist because governments will refuse to approach it co-operatively. The only thing that will remain to be seen is whether we’ll be deemed "criminals" for doing so."
- Today H. P. Lovecraft Died (1937) | The Scriptorium Daily: Middlebrow