Links – February 1, 2012
- Angry Birds CEO Explains How The Company Embraces Piracy | Techdirt
"We could learn a lot from the music industry, and the rather terrible ways the music industry has tried to combat piracy."
- Concessions 90210 by Lindy West – Seattle Film – Concessions – The Stranger, Seattle’s Only Newspaper
Hella Close and Grippa Loud: The Tom Hanks Hamstravaganza Never Forgetstival Brought to You by Fig Newtons™
- A favour from Goliath – The Bookish Blog
"To all the innovating malcontents in the field of digital reading, Apple has paid an honest favour.
I guess it’s just a shame about that EULA."
- What Happens When Sharing Is Turned Off? People Don’t Dance. | John Battelle’s Search Blog
"But I sense that the sea of smart phones lit up at concerts is a temporary phenomenon. The integration of technology, sharing, and social into our physical world, on the other hand, well that ain’t going away. "
- Hippies of Haight Street, San Francisco, 1967 | Retronaut
Frisco uses the hearts it steals from its victims to preserve itself as a transhistorical instagram palimsest.
- Former L.A. Times Employee Warns Of Impending Massive Writer Layoff
- Flying Missiles CAN Be Stopped!
- Into the Earth: Illustrated Article from 1969 Japanese Magazine – Nerdcore
- Dyson Spheres Make the Fermi Paradox Worse
- The self-epublishing bubble | Ewan Morrison | Books | guardian.co.uk
- The self-epublishing bubble
LA tattoo – cover of an old Thomas Guide