- BlogBooker – Blog Book
produces a high-quality PDF Blog Book from all your blog’s entries and comments.
Archives can be generated from any blog running on WordPress, LiveJournal (and derivatives) or Blogger.
- See and Hear LACMA’s Zippy New Mini-City "Metropolis II" – Art-chitecture – Curbed LA
Artist Chris Burden says that his huge, noisy, chaotic city sculpture "Metropolis II" "refers specifically to Los Angeles, but an idealized Los Angeles of the future where traffic flows at ten times the rate it dow now."
- Phishing email arrives disguised as phishing email
- Body Found Outside Google’s Venice Offices – Los Angeles News – The Informer
You may have escaped Silicon Valley. But this is LA, vato.
- LA Times image title tag: "piss probe"
"Tags, URLs and alt text all count as editorial content these days, for better or worse."
- The Psychology of Ruin Porn – Design – The Atlantic Cities
"A long artistic history backs him up. Renaissance painters romanticized Greek ruins. Piranesi’s etchings memorialized Roman antiquity as it was being torn up. Photographer Eugene Atget sought out whatever bits of a rapidly-disappearing Paris he could find in a post-Haussmann era."
- The Atemporality of “Ruin Porn” – Part I: The Carcass » Cyborgology
Technology changes our remembrance of the past, our experience of the present, and our imagination of the future by blurring the lines between the three categories, and introducing different forms of understanding and meaning-making to all three – We remember the future, imagine the present, and experience the past. The phenomenon of “ruin porn” is uniquely suited to call attention to our increasingly atemporal existence, and to outline some of the specific ways in which it manifests itself.